Sunday, September 5, 2010

effect and cause

I'm on a White Stripes kick lately.
I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that this past week
-I was almost kicked out of my math class.
-I thought my wallet got stolen.
-I got pulled over for speeding and didn't have my license.
-I broke up with my little boyfriend.

Like really, I dont think it has anything to do with those things.
I just really love me some
Jack and Meg, alright?
I know, hard core.
But can I tell you something?
Everything is going to be amazing.
Want to know why?
This past week also included me applying for graduation.
That's right. Associates.
And can I tell you a secret?
I will be starting some very important paperwork soon.
Since I'm apparently no good at boys, I'm applying to become a
nun.
At least for a year and a half or so.

Everytime i paint my nails i pick it all off soon after.
AND.

I am dying my blondie streaks back to brown.
I was never meant to be a blonde. (some people beg to differ)
While I'm trying to be all profound and stuff:
I couldn't figure out what to say on the matter besides the lyrics of this
Regina Spektor song.
If you dont like
soap boxes, stop reading now.

TWO BIRDS
Two birds on a wire
One tries to fly away and the other
Watches him close from that wire
He says he wants to as well but he is a liar
I'll believe it all
There's nothing I won't understand
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand

Two birds on a wire
One says c'mon and the other says I'm tired
The sky is overcast and I'm sorry
One more or one less, nobody's worried
I'll believe it all
There's nothing I won't understand
I'll believe it all
I won't let go of your hand

Two birds of a feather
Say that they're always gonna stay together
But one's never going to let go of that wire
He says that he will but he's just a liar

Two birds on a wire
One tries to fly away and the other
Watches him close from that wire
He says he wants to as well but he is a liar!
Two birds on a wire
One, tries to fly away! and the other...

You know when you see two birds on a wire and they look like friends and then one takes off like it has something to do? Well, it probably does!

She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower. She was the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew.
- Jerry Spinelli, Stargirl

Its funny how you think you know what you want, but you dont at all. Heck! I'm supposed to be in China right now, right? Wrong. And I probably do smell like a cactus, but hey:

In my opinion, the egg came before the bird.
Cause you just cant take the effect, and make it the cause.
Perhaps you dont know what to make of me,
and I dont mean to get all cheesy on you
but I'm done being the statue/egg.
I will soon be a bird.
and i will fly away, to do happy things.
all of the nail polish is now successfully removed from my left hand.
on a side note Wildcat Kelly really knows how to play some folksy rock and roll.
WHAAAT?
shut up, this is my blog.

5 comments:

kate said...

wow.

those are words to be said.

sorry about the break up {or was it a good thing?}

i'm happy you have papers to work on. you're going to make a greater teacher of the gospel where ever you go.

and how did you almost get kicked out of math class? that sounds like a story to be told.

tifsong said...

hey kreesta.
i like your blog.
i hope you know i love you.
and if venting needs to take place, at a person.
here i am.

love.
tif

Lyndy Butler said...

Thanks for coming on Friday! It made me glad and less nervous to see your cute face.
Stargirl is one of my faves.
sister missionaries are one of my faves.
you are one of my faves. even though we are kinda strangers. im glad blogs, facebook,the gospel and jerry spinelli can bring us together!

Becca said...

So get flying!! And do lots of happy things. And Jack and the 'Stripes will be waiting for you when you get back. :)

Becca said...

So get flying!! And do lots of happy things. And Jack and the 'Stripes will be waiting for you when you get back. :)